Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Life

I've been hard at work in many different directions to the point where I forget to update you all on what I'm doing. I'm not the kind of person who draws attention to myself, so I need to get better at this blogging habit. Otherwise, I might give off the mistaken impression that I haven't been working at Spacemind anymore.

Life

On the contrary, I've been working so hard that my partner is extremely upset at me, and they have pointed out that despite all of the jobs (including where I'm my own boss), I've *never* worked this long and hard on something every. single. day. like this before.  Don't worry about my personal life, I will find that balance where I and my family are happy whilst I still push forward with incredible momentum.

But as I thought about it, I had to admit that my partner was right.  Of all the things I've worked on, something is different this time. The moment I wake up, I'm automatically at this computer, banging out code or trying to wrap my head around the latest problem in Spacemind. Whenever I'm not maintaining my or my family's life in some way, I sneak away back to this computer and get back to Spacemind creation. The weird thing is that I'm not even realizing I'm doing it. For some weird reason, I'm automatically compelled to do it. It's like Spacemind itself is this external force that is drawing me towards it. I never been this motivated or obsessed before.

While I'm amazed at this, I'm not really surprised. Spacemind is the culmination of my lifelong dream, and I'm not letting this slip away.  I *will* succeed at making this, or I will die trying. This is my life now, and it's become my life's mission to bring it to all of you. I know it's going to be a long, thankless, hard road, but blast it, I can't live any longer without a game like Spacemind. Now that I know what it's supposed to be, I can't enjoy any of the other crappy games out there!

Still, despite how much I know about what Spacemind should be, I can't forget to record life as it goes on, as most of you won't read this and understand what it was really like until much later. I owe you all a history, and I will fulfill that obligation, just as if it were a crucial part of building Spacemind (because it kinda is).

I have a few things specific to Spacemind development to get off my chest in followup posts, as these past few days have not been fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment